Wednesday, September 4, 2013

My new addition!!

This was my quilting studio a couple of Saturday nights ago- I sold my machine! It was not sad at all and it is going to a great home and will be great for someone else.
 This is the last quilt that I ever quilted on it-yes those are my toes!
I got 2 days to re-organize my space and wait for this guy!
                                        
It brought me 7 boxes - all different sizes and shapes.
                                        
THIS one was my favorite- because of whats inside and yes there was squealing, jumping, and fist pumping for sure!
 My new quilting machine! Her name is Lucey and she came with a bow on it, it took a few hours to set up in which my husband helped me so much.
I thought I wanted it on the right side of my room where my other one was but because of the leftover space being too tight I moved it over and I have more room for my other sewing table and cutting table and ironing board. This is where she is now and the quilt on the wall there is the first quilt that I quilted on it. It was a breeze and so lovely and I got right to work on the 6 quilts waiting for me.
This one was the first, it was so nice to do these great big blocks in one pass. I have 26" of throat space on Lucey!

 This is the quilt that I quilted first, it is Christine's and she did needle turn appliqué for her first time on it! It looks so great and it needed a special touch- I did lots of custom work on this with a few thread color changes. This quilt is called Celebrate Summer from My Lazy Daisy:
 A close up of the basket and watermelon block:
 This sand castle is my favorite- I did pebbles with some crescents in each of them. It makes it easier to travel around the pebbles without having to go around them 2-3 times and building up thread.
 In the sun I did some fun swirls and McTavishing and I followed the "waves" on the zebra print blue background
 Another shot- some daisies, ladybugs, and flip flops!
 This is the next quilt I did for Jill- it was huge like 95 x 113! But it was so quick to quilt up on my new machine compared to my other one would have been a nightmare!
 I quilted a quilt for sweet Katie and I quilted all the 12 star blocks differently but did the setting triangles all the same. At first I didn't quilt the sashing and after I took it off it did not look good so I quilted them too!
 This quilt had 4 borders along with the 12  18" star blocks with sashing so it was huge too!
 See much better with quilting in the sashing! I didn't get a picture of the whole thing but she used the woolies flannel and a Target blanket on the backing so this quilt is so comfy and she is keeping it for herself! She deserves it- she gives so many quilts away!
 This is a quilt that I made for the Slice company. It is for a new card called Alpha Critters. I love the colors and the 4 borders on this one.
 I did all of this embroidery on my machine- each animal has a name and the 1st and last blocks say Now I know my ABCs...   ...next time won't you sing with me?
 Isn't this octopus cute?
 This is how I quilted the borders and I quilted in the ditch on all the squares and around the appliqué and embroidery.

 Aren't these animals so cute? I think this quilt is going to fall market!

I have been busy catching up on work and I've got a new love for quilting now that I can do more with out problems and do great things on blocks all in one pass and not have to roll so much anymore. I am so grateful to have it and grateful for my awesome husband who built my quilting studio and supports me so much in what I love to do. He is so unselfish and a great guy to have around. 
I am also grateful to have loyal and understanding customers and work all of the time so I can stay home with my kids and raise them and still be able to make some money and do what I love.
Thank you to everyone who supports me I am so happy to be putting more of myself and my love for quilting out there to the world!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Kayli! I'm so glad you have Lucey now and that she is working so well for you. Your quilts look great! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do with all that throat space. =)

    ReplyDelete