Monday, October 14, 2013

Quilting Is Fun Again!

I've been able to quilt so smoothly and quickly I am enjoying it so much again! I was having problems on my little machine so to have a great big machine that doesn't have issues is awesome!
I've been able to finish 21 quilts in the last 5 weeks! I have a couple here to show you:
This one is a "niner" quilt from a new customer I did an all over pattern on it but it seems to hard to see in this picture:
This is a quilt from my customer Roxane:
 She wanted a lot of detail on this one so I did detail on all of the small blocks in the center and then different details in the borders and stitching in the ditch between them all.
 Here is a closer up view of the center blocks
 I did some fun feathers in the 2 green corner borders:
 And this is her pieced backing that is really cool with her leftover blocks and some border blocks:

 I quilted a rainbow quilt for a friend and I used variegated thread for my first time if you can imagine that! It turned out awesome I can't wait to use variegated thread more often in my future!
 In between quilts I've been hiking and getting ready for this mega hike I did at the end of September. It is Mt. Timpanogas in Utah and it was an 18 mile hike but as you can see there was lots of snow it was really slick and icy the last mile so we didn't make it all the way up this time. I plan on going earlier in the year next year probably August and will be able to make it all the way.
I have a customer Susan who is a really modern quilter and she just brought me 8 quilts she has been working on quilts and hasn't brought me any since February. This quilt of hers is amazing and I am so happy with the quilting that I chose for this one I hope she is too!
 I quilted each colored stripe a different quilting with no repeats
 As you can see I did all types in there!
 It was really a lot of fun!
 I also did this amazing feather swirl in the white sides and I think it looks great with the quilt:

 This one I just finished tonight is Sarah's swoon quilt she just finished piecing last week and dropped off to me on her way home from a girls sewing retreat:
 We decided baptist fans on this one I've seen some across the Internet and thought they looked great and she did too. Hers looks so great it was fun to do these baptist fans for my first time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I didn't see this until just now, but I have to say, I LOVE all of the different designs you did on the colored strips. So creative! The feather swirl looks incredible too.

    ReplyDelete