Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's been a while!

 It has been a long time since I posted a blog! I'm sorry but it has been a crazy time and a good break for me. I don't know why blogging is so hard for me to do. I have been up to a lot, doing a lot of quilting and I was able to go to Quilt Market and Quilt Festival in Houston, TX in the fall last year. I worked with the Slice crafts company in their booth. I do a lot of samples for them, I got to quilt this one for Shari Butler of Doohikey Designs. She designs fabric for Riley Blake and she does design cards for Slice. She made this quilt and I just quilted it for her, I did fun overlapping loops that look like old school phone cords to go along with her vintage phones die cut.
 I got to meet a lot of my quilting celebrities that I think are awesome, including Camille Roskelley:
 And I met Tula Pink:
 These are the girls that I worked with in the booth at Quilt festival
 Houston was fun to visit, I have a friend who lives there so I got to visit her and see some sights including going to an alligator and wild animal rescue park.
 I was gone for a full week which was really needed for me, but it was hard on my family they were so sweet and made me a homemade banner to welcome me when I got home!
 Very recently I got to quilt for Sukie on this quilt I quilted an allover large greek key pattern
 And this quilt (which I think is famous) is her vintage quilt revival that I got to custom quilt for her:
Of course I will show off some closeups of the blocks, they were really fun to do and design each one as I went:















 This is another custom job that I did a little while ago for Roxane, it is a special family quilt for her it has pictures of her family at different ages and I love the pieced angels and hearts and wonky blocks and the patchwork border.


 This next one was such a labor of love for me, I made this quilt and my friend wanted me to finish it and sell it to her for her daughter. I have a hard time finishing my own stuff because I'm busy with customer quilts or I don't have a need to finish it right away because I don't really have a use for it or someone to give it to. So I love it when I get to finish something that I made!
I embroidered her name on the border, she is a sweet 8 year old girl that has been our friend for over 4 years now.
 I used an old Moda snuggles on the back that went great with it
 The pattern is Hopscotch by Thimbleblossoms and the fabric was Strawberry Fields by Fig Tree and Co.
 I did a fun custom job on this, stitch in ditch everywhere and 2 fun borders, and some feathers, straight lines, and curved lines.
 I used a beige highlights thread from Superior threads, I love the sparkle of it!


I've made a resolution to blog more, I know that because I have my own business whether I like it or not I am always marketing so if I'm not blogging then that is a negative on me, and I'd rather have a positive! I am proud of the work that I do and I love to share what I love so I'm going to try hard to get over my hate for blogging and just do it (maybe I'll like it again if I make it a habit).
Anyway, if you are out there, thanks for following my blog!

1 comment: